10/3/11

New Tradition

So with 4 kids we figured it wasn't going to be easy to listen to Conference. We decided to start a new tradition to go for a drive up the canyon to see the fall leaves during the Saturday Session. It was such a good idea. We always wait to long to go up the canyon and the leaves are already falling. This is the perfect time to go. The older kids did so great. They just colored their Conference packets and didn't make a sound. We put a movie on for Cooper without the sound and that entertained him great. He actually kept saying WOW and looking out at the leaves:) The baby slept almost the whole time. Travis and I got to hold hands and listen to all of the Session. It was so peaceful and nice. It was a great idea and we are excited to make it our new fall tradition. I love Conference weekend so much. I'm so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! What a blessing:)



The kids took their cameras and were totally entertained. I wish I had time to put all of the funny pictures they took on here.

As we were driving I thought of all the family drives we took up the canyon growing up. I always got so car sick. I would have to sit in the front seat and roll the windows down. I was thinking of how glad I was that I don't get car sick very often anymore and that none of my kids get car sick. About 15 minutes later we were headed down the Provo side of the canyon where the roads are way more twisty and tiny and Brighten said, "Mom, me and Easton are sick. I think I'm going to throw up." We stopped for a minute and then tried to drive slow but it totally made me laugh. Easton even got a picture of Brighten holding her barf bag to her face! I guess they do get car sick after all:)
The baby made it until the last ten minutes. He started to get hungry and was bawling his head off. After 5 minutes of that Cooper wasn't liking it anymore and kept saying, "Stop it baby, stop it." Cooper's face in this picture cracks me up! I love my family of 6!!! Days like this is what life is all about!