12/11/10

Brightens Special Day

Oh my goodness, I can't believe that my oldest child got baptized!! I specifically remember the day of her baby blessing and how we both felt like we were so old and couldn't believe we just blessed our baby girl. Then we said, can you imagine how crazy it will be when she gets baptized? It felt like forever away then. But now "forever" is here! What a beautiful 8 years it has been.
Such a special picture with her daddy! Brighten was sooooooooo excited. Her little spirit was so anxious to be baptized. She was so mature and so confident. She was so aware of what she was doing and the promises that she was making and she was full of joy and light. She had a calmness and peace about her that was so special to watch.
Her sweet spirit touched me so deeply all day. I just kept thinking that she truly has a gift to know that her Savior lives and to testify of him. That light just pours out of her. As her mother looking at her I knew that I am so blessed to have her for my child. She is so much better that I will ever be. I know this is just the begging of the beautiful woman she will grow up to be.
Both of her grandmas gave talks about Baptism and the Holy Ghost. What wonderful women Brighten has in her life. They are both such great examples to her. They love and serve and have beautiful testimonies. They have helped raise her so no wonderful she has turned out so great!
Brighten I want you to know that we are so proud of the good girl that you are and of the good choices you make! We love you so much! Keep sharing your light. You Brighten all of our lives!:)
Thanks family for all of your love and support for Brighten of this special day! We love you all so much!
I walked into Brightens room when we got home and this is what I found. She was so excited about her knew scriptures.
She always tries her best to do good. She wanted to wear white all day. She changed her bedding to all white pillows and blankets. She's seriously the sweetest little thing.
The next day at church she couldn't wait to share her testimony. I got her a special journal to write about her baptism. She wrote all about it and then she also wrote about how she bore her testimony. Her teacher came up to me after class and said that Brighten asked if she could read her journal to her class about her baptism day. So sweet!
The next day she decided that she wanted a new look so she talked mommy into letting her cut her hair. Man it was hard to cave this time. Her long hair was so gorgeous. But I did it without a fight! Just silent tears:( But it's super cute this way too! All in all it was a beautiful few days! Love you Brighty! xoxo