12/22/09

An Angel Among Us


Anyone who knows my mom knows she is one of the most amazing people you will ever meet! She is truly an amazing woman and if I could be even half the woman she is I will be happy! She has taught me so many things through her great example that I will forever cherish but I think what I have learned from her the most is what LOVE truly means. My mom loves life! She loves her family and her friends and would do anything for anyone! She is the most positive person you will ever meet! She looks at the bright side of everything and I know that's why she is able to love the way that she does! She sees the good in everyone and is full of so much happiness and light that she can't help but share it with others! I know that Heavenly Father blessed her with this great gift that is so rare to touch the lives of others! It is the first and greatest commandment to love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, might, mind and strength and the second is like unto it to love thy neighbor as thy self. What a talent she has to do just that! I know that Our Father in Heaven is so proud of her! I've never known someone that is as Christ like as she is.

I just wanted to take a minute to share something with you about my mom and hope that after hearing it, it will make you want to be a more kind and loving person not only this holiday season but always. Every year my mother takes the week before Christmas off of work and visits with about a dozen or so old folks. She works at the Bank and has met most of them through helping them with their banking and such and because of her wonderful gift to be happy and cheerful she has been able to form sweet little friendships with them. She takes that whole week and makes sure she spends about an hour visiting with each of them. She even takes Margret who is one of her favorites out to lunch every now and then. They looked forward to her visits every year! They call her their Christmas Angel and tell her they love her like a daughter. I remember one year she was at a rest home visiting one of her friends and met a sweet little lady she didn't even know and visited with her for over an hour! She went back every year to visit until she passed on. You can bet she goes to all of their funerals and when they pass on she just adds more to her list to visit! I love when she comes back and tells me about her visits. She loves being able to talk with them and show her love. What a sweet, kind, and loving woman! Mom you truly are a real live Angel! If there were more Joye's out there the world would be a better place!! Grandpa and Grandma really knew what they were doing when they named you JOYE!!! Love you Mom! I am amazed by you!!!