7/27/11

Halley's camping trip

My brother lives in Kamas and we went camping up by their house. It was so beautiful. Dad couldn't come with the trailer so we had to rough it in tents.
The wild flowers up there were beautiful.




Cooper kicked my but with a brutal hike=)
I love to see kids imaginations come alive in the mountains.
I had to squeeze my big pregnant butt into a pair of "pants" well they were actually capris. It was so hard to find clothes for my kids. They had outgrown all of their fall clothes so we all looked super ghetto. That's the great thing about camping they say. I am NOT a camper.
This was how Cooper felt about camping the first 10 minutes. He seriously was so ticked off. I don't know what his deal was.

His juice and sucker calmed him down for a bit.
But daddy was the only one that could make him happy. He loves his daddy but this trip was to the extreme.
Cooper wouldn't let Travis out of his sight!!
We were there for 20 minutes and Easton fell into the fire pit!! Luckily we hadn't started it yet!
The ashes were still warm though. The kids gathered a bunch of sticks and got the fire started by themselves. They were so proud.
Oh my two favorite women in the whole world. I don't know how I would survive without them!!
Cody and Michele are the camping lovers. We couldn't have swung it without them. They have all the camping equipment and did lots of the cooking. Thanks guys for making us be tough! lol

Easton got to take his gun that he got for Christmas. He was so excited.




Travis took all the kids on 4 wheeler rides. He's such a good daddy!!
The kids loved roasting hot dogs and marshmallows on the fire.
These two can't get enough of each other.
McKinley was the best kid ever!!! She was so easy and content and didn't fuss once. She loves her uncle Cody and Zoey.
Just hanging out eating jelly bellys.

Grandma got the boys transformers. They loved them.
I was so brave the first day. But the second day I seriously lost my mind. The bugs were driving me flippin crazy!!! I'm so not a nature lover. I totally admire and appreciate it's beauty from afar. I just don't like being in it! I'm such a wimp!!
These two are so cute together. I love that they are totally filthy!!!




This was our first time being all together as a family in the tent. Travis ended up sleeping on the floor where Easton is with Cooper. Easton slept with me on the mattress. The weight was way uneven so Easton spooned me all night. I have clostrophobia so bad I seriously thought I was going to die!! I had to get up 3 times in the night to pee in a cup! lol Then I heard an animal in our camp. My brother got up and it was a racoon or something getting into the garbage. I later had a dream that it was 18 Italian men in our camp and that the forest ranger had them shipped out of the country. I'm a crazy person I know!! So it was an interesting and commical night for sure! We decided that we are not camping people. We want to get a boat and be boating people instead!
The next day we went to Mirror Lake.



My brother tricked me into walking half way around the lake to a "good spot" I almost died for sure. I swear a foot was hanging out! Eight months pregnant and camping don't mix!!!


All joking aside it was a great trip. But lets face it, parents go camping for the kids to make memories. Once you have kids camping is a pain in the butt!! But yes, the memories are worth a few miserable days!! LOL! I know I'm terrible. I'll admit I do enjoy it 10% of the time=)