3/21/11

Our First Trip to Disneyland

We drove half way and stayed with my sister in Mesquite. It was so nice to enjoy the warm weather and put our feet in the sand. My sister is in the process of landscaping their back yard so they have this fun pile of sand that we all played in. We felt like we were at the beach. The kids had a blast together. Thanks for the BBQ, sleepover and fun sister! We love when we get to play with you guys!!

Their new family toy is this sweet razor. I love the laid back open space of Mesquite. We just hopped on the toys and went just like we used to be able to back in the day in Alpine:)
This thing is super smooth riding for a pregnant women. I didn't pee even a little:)
Brighten getting her daddy all to herself.
Wide open space. It feels so peaceful and calm out there.
Easton and Max are such cute buddies. They love every second they get to play together. Thanks again sister for such a fun time. Your little family is the best!!! xoxo
Disneyland
We left Cooper with Grandma Joye which wasn't easy. But he had a total blast! He loved getting spoiled and didn't miss us one bit!!! It was nice to be able to give my older kids so much attention. They were so sweet and kind to each other. They didn't complain about waiting in long lines (we waited in line 75 minutes for space mountain). They were so grateful and excited to be there. It made us so proud of them.
They are the sweetest little friends.

The Jungle Cruise was one of Easton's favorite rides.
I think Thunder Mountain railroad was the family favorite. We rode that one the most. It was closed when I went there as a kid so I was excited to ride it. Easton just kept saying, " that was so AWESOME," after every ride.
Except for the Indiana Jones ride. They both hated that one. It scared the crap out of them!!! Look how scared Easton looks just standing in line waiting.

It's a small world is Grandma Joye's favorite ride so we had to get a picture of it for her. I recorded the whole ride inside for her and it seriously made her so happy like a little kid. She is such a happy lady and the littlest things make her so happy. I love it!!
It was so nice to not worry about a stroller or baby. We missed Cooper like crazy but it sure made things a lot easier. I loved relaxing with my honey:) Getting to relax by the pool was sooooooo nice too! The kids loved swimming at the hotel just as much as Disneyland!
This is what Easton picked in the candy store. Kids are the best!!!

Mommy had to skip out on the tea cups. My nausea ended a few days before our trip and I wasn't about to bring it back!!!! Daddy spun the cup the whole time! BARF!!
I made Travis pose for this picture. It makes me laugh!! ha ha

California Adventure
Our decision to go to Disneyland was very spontaneous. When I found out I was pregnant we realized we needed to go ASAP. The only week we could go just happened to be during spring break for California so it was so busy. The day we went to California Adventure it was nuts!!! We still had so much fun:)
They both rode California Screamin but I didn't get a picture. That was their all time favorite ride of the trip!! CRAZY KIDDOS!!
We waited in this line for toy story mania for and hour and a half!!! The kids didn't complain once!!
My mom gave the kids money for souvenirs. They took their time looking. The second day they both found the perfect things. We came out of the Toy Story ride and the first thing Easton saw in that gift shop was this Woody hat. He freaked out and knew that was exactly what he wanted. He couldn't wait to get home and dress up like a cowboy.
Brighten saw this adorable minnie mouse pencil, pen and journal and had to have it. That is soooooo Brighten. She wrote all about her Disneyland trip the second she got the time to. Of all the toys in Disneyland these are the first and only souvenirs they fell in love with. Both of them got things that were so their personalities. I love them so much!!!
Huntington Beach
This was the first time my kids had been to the beach. The water was freezing but they still loved it!!! We went there on our way home but I wish we could have stayed there for hours!!





Oh the sand we found in every crevice:)
Brighten loved collecting sea shells. We seriously had so much fun!
We got engaged at the beach so we had to have Brighten take a picture of us. Travis loooooves the beach. He grew up playing in the beaches of Florida so this was his favorite part of the trip.
We were supposed to stop and stay with my sister again but we missed Cooper way to bad so we decided to drive straight through the night so we could be there when Cooper woke up in the morning. We all couldn't wait to give him hugs and kisses. Leaving him was rough but we are glad we did it. It was a perfect vacation:) Now the hard part......getting back to real life:)