11/20/08

Girl Party!!!

Brighten's birthday isn't until the 26th but with Thanksgiving an all we have to do it early:)
My friend Kara loves cupcakes and she makes them just for fun. I asked her to create a princess cupcake that I could use for Brightens party. This is what she came up with:) Super cute huh? Check out her blog on my sidebar. She has a cupcake blog on her side bar. It is soooo fun to look at! ANYWAYS, that was about a month ago or so. I've been planning to do it for that long. Then I swear I've had the craziest 2 weeks ever with YW's, visiting teaching, dance class, neighborhood kids, and having company over!!:) I felt overloaded and decided that this was one of the obsessive compulsive things that I needed to just let go and that it would be just fine if we just had hot pink cupcakes instead of the cutest cupcakes on the planet!!! That was a huge step for me!!! LOL! I'm sure I would have been up at 5am and gone through 5 boxes of cake mix until the cupcakes were perfect! So I'm glad I went against making them or you may have gotten a post with lots of !@#!, !@#! and !@# in it!!!

This is what we ended up with. I can't believe I took a picture of the one I messed up on but I was in a hurry! I lit the sparkler and Brighten thought it was going to burn the house down!! Look how nervous she looks in this video!


The girls made necklaces with their names on them and painted cute letters of their first initials :) It was so funny to hear their conversations!!!

They played pin the heart on the princess tiara and pin the horn on the unicorn! They were full of giggles!
They had a blast painting their letters! They turned out cute and weren't as messy as I thought they would be!

This is Brightens best friend Elizabeth! They are darling together!
Brighten said she needed a picture of her hugging all of her friends because she loves them sooooo much and so grandma can see them on our blog!!! hahahaha! I lost it!


Brighten with Savannah, Jacie and Anastasia. I don't know how I missed getting a pic with her and Rylie, oops!


After we finished the presents they just danced around for about a half hour. It was hilarious. The girls had such a fun time together! Brighten said it was the best night of her life! LOL!