8/16/10

Alpine Days 2010

We took a picture just like this one last year in this exact same spot. I had Cooper 3 weeks later. Time has just flown by. I can't believe he will be a year old in a few weeks.
I love watching how excited kids get over parades.Me and my sweet love.
Cooper was content and totally entertained at the parade. He loved the noise and any music that he heard he started to bust a move. Easton was super excited and full of energy. Brighten loved the beauty queens!!

Grandma is in the parade every year with the Bank of American Fork. This year they were at the front so she got to stop and watch the parade with us.
The kids were so excited to see her in the parade. They kept yelling, "Where is grandma? Can you see her? Can you see her?" They showered her with hugs and kisses when they found her!She got them both Bank t-shirts which they thought was super cool!Last year Brighten learned how to ride her bike on Alpine Days so we thought it would be cool to teach Easton on Alpine Days too. Does it look like he is paying attention to daddy's instructions do you?I wish I had a great ending to go along with these super cute pictures but I don't. He tried for maybe 2.5 seconds and was over it. He said he'll try again when he is 7 and his mind was made up. Apparently it doesn't bother him that his friends all ride without training wheels and he doesn't so we will see when he finally decides to try again.Brighten had a blast rollerblading all day at grandmas. She just couldn't get enough.We played at Grandma and Grandpa's all day and then went to the Rodeo at night. No one loves rodeo's quite like Grandma Joye does. I did like that they only had bull riders there though. Normally I get bored by the time the bulls come out so it was pretty good.My favorite part was being able to hang out with my brother and sing to all the 80's rock songs they played at the rodeo. The best music ever made!!!!!!! It's been so fun to have him back. He is the best big brother ever!!I wish Travis was in this picture but he was so over pictures by the end of the day!! We had a long day and stayed clear until the fireworks that night! It was a fantastic day!! Missed you sister!!Randomness
I can't ever get Cooper to smile for pictures anymore!! He just stares everyone down like this.He does love the swing right now though. It makes him happy!!He loves taking baths with his big brother too!!The kids are loving being able to get to know Uncle Cody better. He is a lot of fun!!Brighten is loving their dog Zoey to pieces.Uncle Cody takes them to feed the horses and gather eggs. She is a little farm girl at heart. That definitely comes from grandma Joye, not her mommy!!!Camp out
The kids got to have a camp out with daddy. Mommy was planning on sleeping out too and just cracking the baby's window so we could hear if he woke up but we realized our tent is super small. Time to get a knew one for our family of 5. We can no longer fit in this one.They love playing cards and listening to daddy's stories. I didn't mind having some alone time and watching reruns of the Hills all night either!!!The kids have had a great summer. I can't believe school starts in 10 days!!!! I have to admit that I am ready for a schedule. Summer wears me out!!