6/20/11

Day Break Triathlon

We left at 6am and it was a beautiful morning! Travis likes to be there early so he can pick the perfect spot.
This was his first race with his new bike so he was so excited!
Getting his wet suit on for the swim. I would absolutely have a break down if I had to shove myself in one of those things!!
This was the finish for the swim. It was so beautiful.



I had my new camera with my big lens on. Travis was super fast this time and I didn't realize he was already at the finish until it was too late. They seriously all look the same!! He was too close for the long lens and I totally missed him getting to the finish. So a picture from behind is the best I could get!
Then to the bike.
His transition was so fast that this is all I found when I got there.
He cut 20 minutes off of his time because of his awesome new bike!

Then off to the run. It is his least favorite part of the race but he did so good.



I didn't get a picture of him crossing the finish line because I took a video instead so hopefully I can get it to load on here eventually because it's not working right now.
He always throws me a peace sign after every race. I love that his choice of all the free food they give was Oreo's. He said they were the best Oreo's he's ever had:)
He felt so good after this race. Well, except for his huge, giant blister and several mini blisters that he got on his feet because he decided to run with out socks!! Lesson learned:)
He loves his sweet bike!! It makes such a big difference to have a nice bike. It's been so fun to see him fall in love with these triathlons. His next race is the echo on July 9th. He has two scouts camps for young mens before then so he will be missing a lot of work outs so he's a bit nervous. But bring it on!