6/27/10

Highlands 1st Ward Girls Camp

Our girls camp this year was amazing!! We got to stay in this gorgeous cabin. That's my kind of camping right there!!! This is our laurel advisors family cabin up in Oakley. It seriously was heaven!!
Our hike was a killer!! It was straight up the whole entire way!! This is a picture of us on the way down.
We all made it!! We even saw a great big moose at the top.
The theme for our camp this year was "Now is my time!" We talked about righteous women of the past and present and what kind of women we want to be in the future. It was an amazing theme. It had a really profound effect on the girls. Our girls were a bit clicky and stuck to their own groups before we left and it was so amazing to see them bond at camp. It couldn't have gone better. Here is a picture of our cute camp sweatshirts.
This is the group I was in for skits. Our skit was HILARIOUS!! We made up a dance to NSYNC! Yes we all have mad dance skills! Betsy, Me, Miranda, Kathren, and Stacy. I love these ladies!!
Our Bishopric gets way into these skits. Last year they did Nacho Libre. No, seriously, they are CrAzY. They are a ton of fun and the girls really do love them. They all have great relationships with the girls.
We went swimming at Echo lake. Sister Burdette and I were the first two leaders to jump in. We felt cool so we had to snap a picture to prove how fun we are! Ha, ha, Oh the things you do at girls camp.
We held hands for support! Notice I had to hold my nose! It was soooooooooooo flipping cold!!! I totally threw a screaming fit when I came to the surface!
It was a great time. Now those look like happy girls to me!!
Our sweet girls. Oh my goodness, I seriously love them so much. They are such amazing young women. I am so proud of them and how happy, loving, supportive and kind they were with each other at camp. It was so special to see their sweet testimonies grow so much.
It's so fun to go to camp and really be able to get to know the girls better and see there silly sides. They make me happy!!!
They really do know that their bishop and his counselors love and care about them. Our bishopric goes above and beyond. They truly magnify their callings. Our girls are lucky.
I have learned so much from these ladies. I feel so blessed to be able to serve with them. They are great friends and I just love them. We put so much hard work into this camp and I've never experienced anything like it. Each of us bring something special to young women's and when it comes together it is magic.
Andrea, Georgina, Liza, Me, Wendy, Jamie, Betsy and Stacy
I missed my family like crazy. We talked so much about righteous women in our lives that it really gave me time to reflect and think of ways that I can be a better wife and mother. It made me miss my family like crazy and I couldn't wait to get home to them. When I got home everything was picture perfect and I couldn't believe it was my life and that I have everything that I've ever dreamed of. I was completely filled with Joy! I don't know what it was and it seem like a strange time to feel this way but I never remember feeling so happy and fulfilled in my whole life as I did in that moment. I just wanted to soak it all in. I couldn't stop smiling. I love Travis and my sweet precious kids so much and I feel so blessed to be able to be Travis's wife and my children's mother. That's what life is all about. I had a blast but I'm so glad to be home! Travis had the kids make a list of all the things they wanted to do with daddy while I was gone. This is what they came up with. I cracked up when I saw that they put the DI! LOL! I must go there to much! ha ha
Thanks babe for being such an amazing dad and taking work off to be with the kids. They love you so much!! I didn't worry about you one bit!