3 days ago
11/30/10
Grandma Dates & Thanksgiving sluffs:)
This year my mom decided that she wanted to start a new tradition with the kids. She wanted to start taking them out for their b-day and letting them pick out their own present and where they want to go to dinner. It was a hit and the kids were so excited. Easton got to go on his date first. He picked her a flower and waited on the porch for her for 20 min. Six o' clock couldn't come soon enough.
He chose to go to Mi Ranchitos for dinner. Then they went to target and he picked out an Optimus Prime transformer. He was all smiles when he got home. Grandma says he was a hoot! It was a great grandma date!!
I'm glad you had a great birthday buddy!! I decided that I am so done with making cakes! I could hardly use my hand after making this bad boy!! I'm so buying them from now on!!!!!!
Two weeks later Brighten had her grandma date. She could hardly stand the wait. She picked to go to Wingers for dinner. She just felt so bad getting a present without Easton getting one too. So she took some money from her piggy bank to buy Easton a toy. She had grandma stop at the dollar store on the way home so she could pick up something for Easton. That's my little sweetheart for ya. She picked a whole bunch of squinkies for her present. What a fantastic idea mom!!! The kids were thrilled about there one on one time with their grandma. They sure love you mom!! Thanks a bunch! xoxo
Happy 8th birthday sweetie!! She picked a chocolate cake! Who would have thought that I would have a child that is a Chocolate lover. I couldn't eat a piece of that cake! I hate chocolate!! It sure made her happy though!!
I made the kids sluff school the Monday and Tuesday before Thanksgiving break because I wanted them to stay home and play with me! It was the best break ever! Lots of playing in the snow, drinking hot chocolate, movies/popcorn, playing barbies, playing video games, and cuddling by the fire. Such a great idea! It just might become another tradition!! I loooooove this picture!! ha ha
The kids also got to sleep by the tree after we put it up. I love this time of year!!!









