8/21/10

Jordanelle Triathlon 2010

Wow I am so proud of Travis right now!!! He has been training for this Triathlon for about a year now and I had no idea how cool this day would be!!!! It was a totally new experience and it was seriously amazing!! One of the best parts was my hubby's comment on the way up. In a totally serious voice he was like,"No babe really, I guarantee you that I will beat at least 3 or 4 people." Oh my heck, we laughed our guts out over that!!
F-U-N-N-Y!!!!!
Here he is getting his bike all ready. It started working weird a few days before the race. But it didn't act up at all which was great!! That old thing is so heavy!
We had to park a few miles away and then they had to bike into Jordanelle to get ready for the race. That means he left me there and I had no clue what I was doing. They took all of us spectators by bus to the race.This is where I ended up and then I was thinking, Okay now what. Luckily I found two sweet sisters and I asked if I could be their shadow all day. This was their parents 7th time doing the race so they knew the ropes.
I eventually found my sweet thing so I could take some awesome pics.
If you look close you can see the #30 written on Travis's calf. They do that on all of the runners and it's so fun to see how old everyone is. This is the first place I've seen where people are proud to let everyone know their age. I saw a bunch of 55 and up but 75 was the oldest I saw. So Travis will always remember that he was 30 when he did his first Triathlon, woot woot!!!!


It was seriously insane to see all of these bikes. I don't know an exact number but I think there were around 500 people in the race today.

Putting on the sexy swim cap and wet suit.
The swim was so fun to watch. These are the athletes that did the Olympic Tri. Travis did the sprint. Which was a half mile swim, 13 mile bike, and 3 mile run.
First time in a wet suit. Pretty slick:) I tell ya I would die if I had to step foot in one of those. It's like being wrapped in plastic wrap!! Can you say Claustrophobia!!!!


Getting used to the water before the race.
I love this picture. He looks like an Olympian to me. ha ha
I love that he threw his hand up so I could see where he was. Smart babe, so smart!!
We all counted them down,10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and they were off!!
I couldn't tell who was who so I had no clue where he was. I was completely shocked when he came in in the top 15 swimmers!!! When he trained he was fantastic in the swim but being in the open water was a completely different experience. Way way harder he said:)
Coming out of the water he didn't even look exhausted!!! Such a proud wife I was!!
Transitioning to the bike. The poor thing was almost the only one that had to race with a mountain bike. One that he got when he was 12 years old!!!!! It was a major disadvantage and kind of frustrating for him to see people pass by with ease with their 5 thousand dollar bikes that weigh 5 pounds compared to his 35 pound bike. He talked to a seasoned racer after the tri who raced his first race on a mountain bike and he told Travis that it makes a huge difference on your time. The next year he rented a nice bike and it cut a half and hour off of his time. So we may need to figure something out for next year!
Travis is the one in the middle.

It was such a beautiful day but super hot!!!
Travis said that the run was the worst part. He didn't get to train for that as much as he wanted because his knee was bothering him. But he made it!!! I am so proud of him. It was so fun to watch him and be there to support him.
It was so incredible to cheer everyone on when they got to the finish. I can't even explain it. I honestly just cried and cried. I loved to see the looks on the peoples faces of pride as they accomplished what they set out to do. I don't know if I could ever have the drive to do something like this. It is a beautiful thing! You did it babe! Way to set your goal and finish it!!! You can do anything you set your mind to! You made me want to be a better person today! You inspire me!! I love you!! XOXO
Rock on dude!!! Babe you beat way more that 3 or 4 people!!!! LOL!!

On a scary note, I totally had to use one of these today. It was a terrible terrible thing and I never want to do it again. I held it until I could hold it no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Now to the highlight of my day!! I spotted this awesomely, insane, attention getter that I named Waldo. He was the most hysterical part of my day. At first I didn't dare to flat out take a picture of him so I pretended to just take a picture of Travis with him in the background. ha ha

Then I got brave and I absolutely could not stop taking pictures of this man. I was making my self laugh so hard. I could not stop the giggles from coming out. So I was just thinking of a game I could have you guys play. Here it is. It is called Where's Waldo. You know it right? Well here you go. How many times can you find Waldo? LOL!! Have a good laugh! To be honest I was quite excited to see Waldo at the finish line and cheer him on. Travis finished and still no Waldo. Waiting, waiting, still no Waldo. He finally finished about an hour after Travis did. Babe you totally, totally beat Waldo!!!