4/1/10

Our new pets

We always had ducks when I was a kid and I've gotten them a lot for my kids too! Here are some pictures of Brighten and Easton when they were about 2 years old! Easton wasn't very gentle as you can see! Brighten named that yellow one Sunny.

I loved having cute little ducklings growing up. So this time of year I always have to buy some! Here are our 3 adorable little ducks! We just love them!

Me and Travis picked Chip out for Cooper! He wasn't that impressed as you can see!

Easton had to get the black one and he knew right away that it's name would be Venom. Big shocker there;) He wanted a red one so he could name it Spiderman! I told him that ducks don't come in red and he said, "we could just paint Brighten's duck red and then they could fight."

Brighten picked the yellow duck and named her Daisy. Such a Brighten name:) This little girl just loves animals! She wants a puppy so bad but this is the best we can do at our house! Sorry sweetie!

We have never had 3 before. We always had 2 at a time and they never seemed like they were hard to take care of but adding one more has made such a bigger mess. They are kind of making mommy crazy but they are so darn cute that I can't resist buying them!

It's been so cute to watch the kids play with them. The little ducks just make them giggle! They used to live for a long time and grow big and fly away when I had them as a kid. We just haven't had much luck with my little family. Every time some little neighbor kid is a little too rough with them so we will keep them away from the neighbors this time! At least it's always around Easter so it helps teach the kids about the Resurrection! ha ha I just want them to grow up and wander around the yard but we'll see what happens. In the mean time we will just love them!