11/11/08

A Night at the Emma's (Emmys)

We had our Young Women and Excellence program tonight. It turned out so good. The theme was "A Night at the Emma's" The girls wore formals and had there own Hollywood star with their name on it. They won an "Emma" award in the category of the YW value that they had been working on their project in. They got to walk the red carpet and except their darling Emma awards and tell us about their project.

Didn't these little Emma awards turn out adorable? Our first counselor found these at the dollar store and we just spray painted them gold! The girls loved them!
The girls each got to take home their own Hollywood Star!
This was part of the red carpet that started clear at the back of the gym. I'm sad I didn't get to take any pictures of the girls. They looked soooo beautiful! We have darling girls! They have already taught me so much! They are so much better than I was at their age! I'm so excited to be in YW's and to get to know the amazing leaders that I am working with. I was called to be the Mia Maid advisor a few weeks ago and I am so excited about it. I know that my Heavenly Father knows me and knows what is best for me. This calling has helped me so much already to get to know more people and make it feel more like home out here.

I made 5 dozen of my moms famous sugar cookies for refreshments! They ate every single one! They were a hit! Mom thanks for all you have taught me throughout my life. I remember watching you put in countless hours for YW's. If I can serve even half as good as you did I know I can make a difference! You are the best example I could ever ask for. Whenever I want to better myself I just try to be like you! Like I always say, If we were all a little more like Joye the world would be a better place. I love you mom! Everything that's good about me I learned from watching you!